Sunday, September 25, 2016

What Do I Owe?

Most of what I write is not all that good. Am I good? Who am I to judge? Walking around, nose to ground, sniffing urine filled air, looking to score, need I say more? 

“Life is a zero sum game”, coming from lips of those who don’t look into the eyes of those they harm. 
Liars, cheaters, and thieves of old had dignity, ask Gauguin, ask Caravaggio. 
Fist fights used to mean something, now nothing means nothing. 
It is a sad world. 
A sham. 
--
Hell!
--
I am not sad!
-- 
I roll with the punches, duck and counter every time a bad spell comes waltzing my way. 
Life used to be basic, now it’s filled to the brim. 
Drowning in shit, man outside corner store, eyes wide watching as I pull my last dime… 
Please spare, sir? Spare what? 
Not even my time is free. 
What happens when life is no longer valuable? Men, no longer apart of the earth? 
Let’s get trashed and forget all this nonsense, I have a life to waste. 
Nonsense! 
My tears are just as valuable as the next mans, my breath just as clean. 
What happens when you die? I speculate the answer. 
-- 
I wonder if death is like life. 
--
I see many men dead as they walk, stale eyes, counting their dollars in head. 
End to end, when do ends meet?
---  
I see dead men walking, singing defeat, I see dead men walking, screaming "retreat". 
Reprise! 
----
The clock strikes twelve, even lady Macbeth could not clean her hands!
-----
Wash me clean of my sorrows, of every dollar I borrow, tomorrow is tomorrow! Tomorrow is tomorrow… 

No comments:

Post a Comment