Friday, October 21, 2011

Widow Maker

How long must I wait until the voices of the ancients speak to me?
...
Detached from death by each long breath, I long for them to speak to me. 
...
Dragon red water breathing monster unleashes its sirens blare into the open air, mothers sacrifice their fingers to plug their babies ears. How long till they speak to me? 
...
Rising to the ether, urine fumes on San Francisco streets fill the air with the smell of death. I await the day they speak to me.
...
Soon enough I will be summoned to stand, knees straight, teeth sharpened, trained to kill, ready to die; longing for the ancients to speak to me. 
...
I hear the "thump-thump" of my ancestors battle drum grow louder. I hear the "thump-thump" "thump-thump" of my heart grow fainter. The ancients are ready to speak to me. 
...
Warriors aligned, poised to fight;
...
They yell
"CHARGE"!

No comments:

Post a Comment